Patriot H-D Learn to Ride
Our staff of experienced motorcycle enthusiasts and police motorcycle officers are passionate about helping new riders get started on the right track. Each instructor has been carefully selected and has received special training in coaching and facilitating your introduction to riding from Harley-Davidson® and The Motorcycle Safety Foundation. Backed by Patriot Harley Davidson’s® professional, knowledgeable and friendly staff, your introduction to riding will be an exciting and meaningful experience. Whether you are a two-wheeled novice or a past road veteran who needs a refresher, we can help you take the ride of your life!
- Introduction to motorcycling
- Risk management
- Preparing to ride
- Proper riding gear and protective equipment
- Common riding situations
- Routine maintenance
Your skills practice will include:
- Motorcycle familiarization
- Starting & Stopping
- Adjusting speed & turning
- Limited space maneuvers
- Obstacles & lane changes
- Skills practice time
- Class attendance and participation
- A knowledge test covering course material
- A passing score on a riding skills evaluation
Click here to read the Cancellation Policy and Class Requirements.
Click here to view the course schedule and register. (Link currently unavailable. Please call or email Duke Kirby, Riding Academy manager. 703-352-5400 email@example.com
* If you are under the age of 19, click here to be relocated to dmvnow.com. There are strict requirements from the state for all parties under the age of 19 who are interested in obtaining a class M license.
*If you are NOT a Virginia Driver's License Holder, it is your responsibility to check with your issuing state to see if our class waiver card is accepted. Most states DO NOT accept our card. Visit http://www.americanmotorcyclist.com/asp/legisltn/laws.asp . Look to see if the state you are licensed in has a section on their page that says "Accept RiderEd Completion Card From Other States". If it does not state it on the page, we advise you contact the DMV for more information. It is your responsibility to obtain this information as our staff and instructors can not be for sure of other state laws.